A Study on Load Balancing in Cloud Computing
||International Journal of Computer & Organization Trends (IJCOT)||
|© 2015 by IJCOT Journal|
|Volume - 5 Issue - 3
|Year of Publication : 2015|
|Authors : Parveen Kumar, Er.Mandeep Kaur|
|DOI : 10.14445/22492593/IJCOT-V21P301|
Parveen Kumar, Er.Mandeep Kaur"A Study on Load Balancing in Cloud Computing", International Journal of Computer & organization Trends (IJCOT), V5(3):17-21 May - June 2015, ISSN:2249-2593, www.ijcotjournal.org. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
Abstract Load Balancing is a computer networking method to distribute workload across multiple computers or a computer cluster, network links, central processing units, disk drives, or other resources, to achieve optimal resource utilization, maximize throughput, minimize response time, and avoid overload. The resource allocation problem is the major problem for a group of cloud user requests. Another problem is resource optimization within the cloud. The scheduling algorithms are termed as NP completeness problems in which FIFO scheduling is used by the master node to distribute resources to the waiting tasks. The problem like fragmentation of resources, low utilization of the resources such as CPU utilization, network throughput, disk I/O rate. In the future research the GA is implemented to maintain the load.
1. Florin Pop, Valentin Cristea “Reputation guided Genetic Scheduling Algorithm for Independent Tasks in Inter-Clouds Environments “27th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops, 2013.
2. Lucio Agostinho, Guilherme Feliciano, Leonardo Olivi, Eleri Cardozo” A Bio-inspired Approach to Provisioning of Virtual Resources in Federated Clouds” IEEE Ninth International Conference on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing,2011.
3. Jianfeng Zhao, Wenhua Zeng, Min Liu, Guangming Li” Multi-objective Optimization Model of Virtual Resources Scheduling Under Cloud Computing and It’s Solution” International Conference on Cloud and Service Computing,2011.
4. R. Iyer, R. Illikkal, O. Tickoo, L. Zhao, P. Apparao, D. Newell. VM3:Measuring, modeling and managing VM shared resources.. Computer Networks. vol. 53, pp. 2873–2887, Aguest 2009.
5. A. d. Costanzo, M. D. d. Assunção, R. Buyya. “Harnessing Cloud Technologies for a Virtualized,” Distributed Computing Infrastructure, vol. 13, pp. 24- 33, Octobor 2009.
6. G. Tian, D. Meng, J. Zhan. “Reliable Resource Provision Policy for Cloud Computing,” Chinese Journal of computer, vol. 33, pp. 1859-1872, Octobor 2010.
7. D. S. Hochbaum. “Approximation Algorithms for NP-Hard Problems,”Boston, PWS Publishing Company, p. 23, 1997.
8. K. Deb, A. Pratap, S. Agarwal, T. Meyarivan. “A Fast and Elitist Multiobjective Genetic Algorithm: NSGA-II,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation. vol. 6, pp. 182-197, April 2002.
9. C. Shi, Z. Yan, Z. Shi, L. Zhang. “A fast multiobjective evolutionary algorithm based on a tree structure,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 10,pp. 468– 480, Feburary 2010.
GA, clients, SaaS, PaaS, cloud etc.